17 May, 2007

Secret Admirer

Silently I watch you,
Unmoving, not speaking.
My eyes never leave your face,
Your powerful stride.
My lips don't move,
Yet my heart speaks a thousand words,
Yearning for you to hear, these secrets that I bear.
Our eyes meet across the room,
And excitement heats me up,
Rushing through my veins,
Pounding in my head.
Yet as I look at you through rose coloured glasses,
You look at me with hatred and disdain,
A scornful smile upon your lips,
That shatters my heart and wrenches my soul.
The fault is mine own, I'll admit,
For it's with a camoflouge of meanness that I come before you.
How are you to know that my heart beats for you?
How are you to know that I yearn for your touch?
Isn't it my fault that you've learnt to hate me?
Isn't it my fault that you think I hate you?
Can you not see it in my eyes?
This torture that I bear...
Can you not see it on my face?
This love I give to you...
It radiates of me,
Yet noone knows.
It's written on my face,
Yet noone sees,
That my heart, body and soul are all for you.

1 comment:

Meghna Daniel said...

leeesha
that's some talent, babe
look at sunshine now and again :)
love you!