20 May, 2007

Remembering all that I forgot...

I was reminded of so much when I went babysitting yesterday. I realised that my memory is quite bad and so I'm going to write it all down so that I'll be reminded from time to time...and so that you can remember too!!!
I forgot that no matter how icky it seems, there is alot of joy to be found in blowing big bubblegum bubbles to have them immediately slapped flat by a 3yr old. No I do not know where his hands have been but his glee and the immediate chanting of "'mowe mowe" made it seem like the best thing in the world.
I forgot how painful (and wet!!!) it is when a baby sinks her new teeth into your arm, but the delighted laughter that followed my yells of pain (bloody sadist kid) made it feel like a carress.
I forgot how sleepless the nights are as while sleeping with a restless toddler but if I'm woken up by the feel of a tiny body burrowing into mine looking for a comfortable place then I'll gladly be woken up a thousand times a night.
I forgot how stiff your body becomes while lying still under a sleeping baby (yes it's the sadist kid agen who got up and cried if I moved an inch) but to be able to look down at those gorgeous curls and hold that chubby body while she breathes, I'd be willing to be glued in that position.
I forgot how much our arm hurt after carrying around babies who don't like to be held while sitting but to feel those arms around my neck and wet kisses on my cheek, I would be willing to live with lifelong pain.
I forgot how tiring it was to repeat one thing over and over again for child's amusement but to hear those giggles and squeals I'd do it till I die.
I forgot how tiresome it could be to have children trailing your everystep but looking down into those adoring eyes and happy smiles made me want to handcuff myself to them so I'd never let them go.
I forgot, that when you're with children, as annoying as they are, a simple look, a tiny smile, a wet kiss, a tight hug, all of that is worth travelling to the other end of the world for.
I forgot how heartbreaking it is to leave, but how good a phonecall feels.
"Chechi come back soon!!!"
The best words in the world...I don't need no money, I don't need no clothes, gimme a baby that's a baby forever, and I'll be the happiest Cheeseburger in the world!!!

1 comment:

Tina Nandi said...

you write beautifully! i love it!
i love you too!