14 July, 2008

On dreams and dead relatives...

I was reading through my blogs and my comments when I read a comment Tina wrote, and she said "You write beautifully!"
Thanks honey!
And that made me feel so special I decided what the heck, let's write a new post.
So I had a dream one night that starred my Mother’s younger brother, who died 5 years ago, of a massive heart attack at the age of 35. He died a bachelor, single and uncommitted, but in my dream he had a wife and 2 kids. It was a relatively happy dream full of laughter and smiles and I woke up with a pleasant feeling, full of joy. And then, a week later, upon discussing dreams and the appearance of dead relatives in them with a close friend and brother, a thought occurred to me. What if there IS only one chosen mate for everyone? And if you die before you find him/her, whether you die single or living with the wrong one, you’re reunited with him/her in heaven and you live for eternity with the family you were meant. What if you go to heaven and meet the child you aborted or the baby that slipped away a little too soon? What if, perfect families that did not get a chance to BE in this life, then exists in the afterlife? Maybe my Uncle and his would-be wife died before they could get a chance to meet each other, or met each other but died before they got a chance to realize they were meant for each other and did not experience that earthly joy that comes out of lust, love and basic carnal need? Did they then meet in heaven and live the life they would have on earth if they had stayed longer? A pleasant thought but contradictory to the Christian principle that has been engraved into, being everyone is sent here for a purpose, and once fulfilled, is called back to the creator. Everyone having a soul mate is just wishful thinking and romantic fantasies, and maybe even a reassurance for those of us who are, at 21, painfully, depressingly and unhappily, quite alone and unloved. Like Natasha Bedingfield :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

alshadodo....lol heheh...hmm this blog of urs....the thoughts of urs are genuine very true can keep it as some thing to think about.....

A Stranger who's been a friend of urs a for sometime but is even now....

Sharanya said...

You DO write well, Tina was right. I loved your post about Tracy and Joe.


(I'm Sharanya, a classmate of Tina's from college in Bombay, and I also happen to be Murali uncle's daughter-- do you remember him? I always knew Thomas uncle had a daughter named Alisha, but it was such a surprise when I realized you were Tina's classmate at Hebron..the very same Alisha! Talk about fate, huh?!)